Super Mario Bros. The Movie is available on DVD and Blu-Ray and one of the extra contents, which you can see exclusively on Movieplayer.it, delves into the power-ups.
After success at the box office around the world, Super Mario Bros. The Movie arrives in DVD, Blu-Ray, and Ultra HD 4K format with editions full of extra content, of which you can see a preview video for Movieplayer.it.
In the video, the cast can be seen talking about the upgrades that the protagonists can get, analyzing their various characteristics.
In the animated adaptation, produced by Nintendo and Illumination, of the cult video game Super Mario Bros. Chris Pratt gives voice to Mario and Charlie Day to Luigi. Anya Taylor-Joy, the star of the series The Queen of Chess, is Princess Peach. Jack Black is the voice of the villain Bowser, Keegan-Michael Key is Toad, Seth Rogen is Donkey Kong, Fred Armisen is Cranky Kong, Kevin Michael Richardson is Kamek and comedian Sebastian Maniscalco is Spike.
Super Mario Bros. The Movie seen by those who have never had Nintendo
The production team includes Illumination’s Chris Meledandri and Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto. The director of the animated film are instead engaged Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, former authors of series such as Teen Titans Go!. Matthew Fogel (Minions 2) penned the script.
The home video version of the film offers fans numerous extra contents:
- Super Mario Field Guide: Interviews with the cast explaining the worlds in the film
- Peaches Lyrical Video: music video on Bowser’s song dedicated to Princess Peach
- Leveling Up: Interviews with the cast about when they discovered the world of Mario and the making of the film
- Leadership Lesson: Interview with Anya Taylor-Joy (Peach) on becoming a Princess Peach
- Getting to know the Cast: interviews with the cast on the various characters played