The Césars 2023 saw the triumph of the film The night of the 12, winner of prestigious categories such as Best Film and Best Director, while David Fincher was awarded by surprise Brad Pitt.
On the night of the 12th was the great protagonist of the award ceremony of the Césararrived in 2023 at the forty-eighth edition.
The film directed by Dominik Moll had obtained 10 nominations, later conquering prestigious categories such as Best Film and Best Director.
The film Night of the 12th, which tells the story of a detective who becomes obsessed with the case of a woman’s murder, also won the Césars for Best Male Newcomer for Bastien Bouillon’s performance, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Supporting Actor and Best Sound.
Louis Garrel’s L’innocente, which had obtained 11 nominations, instead took home the prize for Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress thanks to Noemie Merlant’s performance.
The ceremony was hosted by actor Tahar Rahim, who also had to deal with a surprise interruption caused by a young woman who took the stage to protest against climate change, a situation made clear by the t-shirt in which she c ‘it was written “We have 761 days left“.
The César for Lifetime Achievement was instead awarded to director David Fincher who, surprisingly, received the award from the hands of Brad Pitt.
The night of the 12th, the review: a tragic night because like many others
- Dominik Moll, The Night of the 12th
- Virginie Efira, Paris Memories
- Benoit Magimel, Pacification
Best Supporting Actress
- Noemie Merlant, L’innocente
Best Supporting Actor
- Bouli Lanners, La notte del 12
Best Female Newcomer
- Nadia Tereszkiewicz, Forever Young
Best Male Newcomer
- Bastien Bouillon, The Night Of The 12th
Best Original Screenplay
- Louis Garrel, Tanguy Viel, Naila Guiguet, The Innocent
Best Adapted Screenplay
- Gilles Marchand, Dominik Moll, La note del 12
Best First Work
Best Animated Film
- My Sunny Maad, Michaela Pavlátová
- Returning To Reims (Fragments), Jean-Gabriel Périot
Best Visual Effects
- Laurens Ehrmann, Notre Dame On Fire
- François Maurel, Olivier Mortier, Luc Thomas, La note del 12
- Christian Marti, Simone – The Journey Of The Century
- Mathilde van de Moortel, Full Time
- Gigi Lepage, Simone – The Journey Of The Century
Best Animated Short
- Grandma’s Sex Life, Urška Djukić ed Emilie Pigeard
Best Short Documentary Genre
- Maria Schneider, 1983, Elisabeth Subrin
Best Short Film
- Leaving One Day, Amélie Bonnin
Best Foreign Film
- The Beasts, Rodrigo Sorogoyen
Leave a Reply